Thursday, April 23, 2009

Hedrick Wedding

Natalie & Adam Hedrick
Me & Dad (doesn't he look so fashionable in his new outfit?)
so blurry, but only picture I had of this
Eryka & Evan dancing the night away
Bryan's own caption to this pic "Hi, I'm sunscreen, have we met?"


A few weeks ago Bryan, Laura, Mom & Dad came into town and we all drove to Panama City Beach for our cousin Adam's wedding. None of us had ever been there before and it was quite the adventure with a 2 year old potty trained little boy. The trip that should have taken 5 hours took 8. I know that Florida is south geographically, but it's not really "The South". However, the panhandle of Florida sure is the South. It was kind of bizarre driving on the small roads to get into Panama City Beach and reminded me once again how fortunate we are.

Panama City Beach and the hotel we stayed at were beautiful. The ocean was blue/green, the sand was like sugar. The wedding was absolutely beautiful as well, and the reception was a lot of fun. My favorite part was that Natalie and her dad invited all father & daughters who were there to dance with them after they had danced the 1st half of their dance together. My dad and I haven't danced together in probably 5 years, at my wedding. Maybe we did at Bryan's, I was so preggo, I don't remember. Then Adam & Aunt Beth did the same thing and I got to dance with Evan. It was the sweetest thing and brought many tears to my eyes. He insisted that he dance standing up, as opposed to in my arms. After this dance, he wanted to keep dancing the rest of the wedding, minus the hour and a half he was passed out in my arms. 

My cousin Jesse's daughter Eryka was there too. She is about 3 months older than Evan. The two of them had the most fun dancing together and kept 

It was so fun to see our family and to celebrate with Adam & Natalie! I'm so glad that we were all able to go!!

No comments: