Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Evan's Big Boy Room





On February 11, Evan switched into a big boy bed and out of his crib. I had planned on keeping him in his crib until he was 3. He never tried to climb out of it and there is no sibling currently coming to take his place. However, he had his own plans. Beginning late January, he refused to go into his crib. He would scream, throw tantrums and of course make himself throw up (such a lovely party trick he has). So, I gave in and put him in a bed. Since that time, he sleeps like a champ and although he wants us to lay with him at night for awhile, bedtime is much more pleasant. I've been working on putting together his room and feel like it's as together as it's going to be right now. He still needs a "bed" and night stand, but I'm taking my time to find the right furniture. I love his dresser, thanks to my dad who painted both the dresser and the handles to make it more modern for Evan. Thanks to my friend Jennifer for all of the nautical accents as well, they look great in the room.  Evan loves his new room and loves to show off his big boy bed. 

No comments: