Sunday, August 7, 2011

Music Camp

This week Evan was in Music camp with his buddies Bowen and Stevie. They also made a new friend in camp named Zach. Evan learned so much at camp and really seemed to have a great time. They made different instruments each day, learned about tone and rhythm, speed and some other music things I don't know about. I'm the opposite of musical. In addition, he ate lunch at school every day and ate his whole lunch, no protesting at all like last year. To cap off the week, they had a concert on Friday afternoon. That's where we can insert some serious mother's guilt. I didn't know that there was going to be a concert at the end of the week when I signed him up and I had to go to Wilmington, NC for work. So I missed it. Very possibly the first thing of his I have ever missed. Not exactly that big of a deal, it was a 30 minute show at the end of a week of camp. And Joe and Claire got to go. But upsetting for me all the same, I mean I missed my 4 year olds concert! Thankfully Joe had a feeling I would be slightly devastated and took 96 pictures of the event! He also avoided telling me that there was a concert until about 10 minutes before it, think he knew I was going to freak out a bit. He really is the best husband and father ever. To top it off, Evan then sang every song for me when I got home. So, in the end, with all the photos taken and personal concert I got when I arrived home, it was like I was almost there. No need for me to shed real tears.

And, wait wasn't this post supposed to be about Evan??? Looks like he had a blast during the show and was the ham he loves to be! Plus, I think since he had such a great experience, I'm going to sign him up for some pre-piano lessons to get him ready to start playing the piano, which he has to be 5 or 6 for. Can't just have great grandma's piano be for show :).




 Check out Evan's new shoes-Storm Trooper Lightups!
 Evan & Bowen looking very serious
 Stevie with the ladies
 My friend Jennifer holding Claire! Thanks for your help :)
 Claire was there!
 Baby Davis was too!

Yeah! They did it :)

No comments: