Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Claire's 1st day of school

Claire started school today. Well, it's more like school/daycare. I'm not sure whether to rejoice or cry! She is going on Tuesdays and Thursdays to Windermere Community Preschool (different than Evan) and can go from 7:30am to 6:00pm. I think I am going to send her there closer to 8:30am to 3:30/4:00pm. Her teacher, Ms. Liz, seems really sweet and I think that Claire will eventually love it. It's just getting through the separation that may be hard. But, then again, maybe she'll surprise me and there will be no more separation issues after today. I'm going to pray for that!








She was excited to go into her classroom this morning with Evan and I, but when she realized she was staying and we were leaving, she got pretty upset. Thankfully, a friend who dropped her son off later told me that Claire had stopped crying and was busy playing with the toys. I'm glad I had Evan with me, because I was a bit of a wreck.

There are 10 kids in her class and 2 teachers. We met some of the other kids at Meet the Teacher last week and it seems like there are more boys than girls, something Claire is very used to! I can't believe how big my little one seems with her own backpack!

No comments: