Monday, March 9, 2009

Potty Training


I can't believe we are doing it, but we are. AND it's going really well. Today is day 4 and we've had 1 accident each day and 2 on day 2. I don't think that's too bad at all. I was really apprehensive about potty training for many reasons which include:

1. I don't think I'm disciplined enough to encourage it
2. He so young, I mean he just turned 2
3. He's a boy, so they typically don't potty train until closer to 3
4. I kind of like the freedom of diapers and not worrying about where there is a clean restroom nearby

However, I didn't really have a choice. On Friday morning Evan insisted on wearing big boy underwear "like daddy and Maxwell." So, we went for it. We are taking it one day at a time and I'm not afraid to quit if it's not going well. But so far, so good :).

Now that he sleeps in a big boy bed (can't believe I have yet to post about that) and if he's potty trained, he's going to be like a teenager. Crazy how they grow up way way way too fast. However, can't say that I'll be sad to no longer buy diapers.

2 comments:

paedstar said...

wow, that's awesome!!! what a big boy. i can't believe how big he is getting.

i can't wait to take evan to the splash pad, last year he was still crawling. so i know he will love it.

Anonymous said...

we are so proud of you, big boy!

kristy, naveen is going to be in orlando for a conference, i think over memorial day weekend. i know the chances of you guys being in town are probably slim, but he'd love to stop by and say a quick hi to you guys if you're around...