Friday, June 3, 2011

Evan is Star Student

A few weeks ago, Evan got to be Star Student in his class. It was literally his dream came true. In fact, he said to me the day he found out, "I always dreamed that I would get to be star student, and I had a feeling today at snack time it was finally going to be my day, and guess what.... now I am!". Boy is he my kid or what??? No part of Joe would be excited to be Star Student.  On the big day, Evan wore his favorite Star Wars shirt and was the most excited to go to school that day, then ever before.

For Star Student, Evan got to bring some pictures of the family and of his favorite activities, so I made this collage for him to bring in, along with a family picture. He also got to bring his favorite book, but he couldn't choose between which of his favorite 3 Star Wars, I Can Read books to bring. In the end, I think that the teacher's read What's a Wookie and Luke Sywalker's Amazing Adventure. Evan can read both of the books himself and I tried to encourage him to ask the teachers to let him read some, but he was most definitely not into that!


He then decided to write down some of his favorite things. I love that he put down that he wants to be a chef when he grows up. A friend in his class had said the same, so I think he copied. I am pretty sure he has no idea what a chef is and has about zero interest in helping me cook. But, maybe he'll be the one laughing in 20 years when he is a famous chef! He better start liking some new foods :).

No comments: