Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Christmas Eve

 Before Church
 Sadly, the best picture I got of Claire in her Christmas Dress

On Christmas Eve, we went to the 4pm Children's Mass at our church and then went out to dinner in Celebration. After that, we got to play in the "snow".  I forgot my camera for this, but wanted to write it down so I don't forget how we spent Christmas Eve of 2010. The kids were really good at Mass and at dinner and by the time we got home, both were ready for bed.

Before Evan went to sleep, he tracked Santa on the computer to see where he was at that time (Norway I think). Then he left Santa some cookies and water, and the reindeer some apples. He then dictated a letter to Santa and Joe wrote it. As he was saying the stuff about Claire, I began to cry (big surprise). I just can't get over how much he loves her and she him (even if she has been bad this year, screaming a lot and pulling on the curtains!). Their relationship is the most rewarding thing about parenting right now. I think about how hard we tried to have Claire and just feel so incredibly blessed that she is a part of our family.  So, back to the letter. I could have died when he said "The nerf gun is going to be my favorite gift." Santa didn't bring a nerf gun because he got one for his birthday. We told him that Santa probably wouldn't bring him that because of it, and that Stiller (his elf) probably reported to Santa that he got one for his birthday. Thank goodness Santa had a Star Wars Blaster gun to give instead (which incindentally ended up being his favorite gift).

 "Dear Santa, Thank you for all of the presents you are going to bring me tonight. I have been very good this year. I can't say the same for my new baby sister who loves to cry and scream and she pulls on the curtains. She doesn't listen to her mother. Her name is Claire. I really love her so much. Thank you, I am going to love all my presents tomorrow. I love you Santa Clause and Stiller I and I love my whole family and also myself. That is an important thing to love yourself. The nerf gun is going to be my favorite present.  Love, Evan"


Looks like Santa Clause came! Evan and Claire must have been good :)!

No comments: