Saturday, August 7, 2010

Tubing on the Potmac


Jumping right in
Uncle Bryan, throw me in!!
All tuckered out at the end of the day!
While up north, we got to go out on Bryan & Laura's boat on the Potomac. It was such a beautiful day that day and the babies really seemed to enjoy the boat. However, it was Evan who had the most fun by far. Or was it the rest of us, who loved watching his excitement and joy?  Evan couldn't wait to jump into the water and before we even left the marina, he "fell" into the water off the boat a few times (like 10). As soon as we got out far enough, he asked to go tubing. His first time, he went with Daddy, but then he wanted to do it all by himself. Because he is too light not to sink when the boat goes from stop to planing, Joe had to hold on at first, then he let go. We circled around Joe as Evan tubed all by himself on the Potomac. I was pretty panicked because my 3 1/2 year old was on there by himself and I didn't know how he would react if he had to let go. Then my husband is just floating out in the Potomac all by himself. Even though we circled around him, we weren't exactly close to him. Thankfully there wasn't really any other boat traffic, so they were both fine. I couldn't get over how fearless Evan is. Really, how many 3 1/2 year olds want to do what he did? He was thrilled at his accomplishments and keeps asking when we can go back. We ended the day by taking the boat to the Washington Fish Market and picking up a half bushel of crabs and some steamed shrimp. We got to teach Uncle John how to eat MD crabs and we all enjoyed a feast! It was the perfect Virginia/Maryland day!

For my birthday, I got a new zoom lens for my camera, I think it took great pics of the boys tubing!!

No comments: