Monday, August 30, 2010

Claire is 6 months!

Last Thursday, August 26, Claire turned 6 months old. I sound like a broken record at this point, but how in the world have 6 months flown by?? I cannot believe that my baby is 6 months old. Here are some stats on Claire at 6 months:

Height: 27 1/4 inches (95%, which is off the charts)
Weight: 21 pounds (95%, which is off the charts)
Sleeping Patterns: takes 2 1.5 hour naps and 2 45 minute naps a day; sleeps from 7pm-6am. Woo, that 6am has been painful, but really only because she spoiled us from the beginning being a perfect sleeper. I just need to go to bed a little earlier to be ready to start my day at 6am
Eating: She eats about 28-30 ounces of formula a day and eats baby food twice a day. She has tried rice cereal, oatmeal, avocado, pears, apples, sweet potatoes, carrots, chicken, mango, blueberries, turkey and banana. So far, so good. She likes them all and no allergies. I keep telling myself I am waiting for her to try everything and not be allergic, then I will make my own baby food like I did with Evan. But, man I had so much more time then. Much much much much more time. But, the homemade stuff is so much better tasting. We'll see, I am trying to psych myself up for it!! The good news is, she doesn't appear to be a picky eater and gets super excited to eat. Not surprising to see she is 21 pounds!
Diapers: Size 3
Clothes: Dresses and some separates 6-12 month, one pieces (bubbles, onsies, etc): 12-18 month
Favorite Books: Baby Boo, Mirror Me Baby Einstein
Favorite Song: Itsy Bitsy Spider
Favorite Games/Activities: Peek-a-boo, This is the way the ___ Rides (lady, racer, gentlemen)
Favorite Person: Evan
New Tricks: Can sit up really well unsupported, now can play with so many more toys; still can only roll over to her stomach from her back, can't roll the other way-21 lbs is a lot to roll!
Watch Out For: She is a grabber and will hold on tight to anything, whether it be chunks of my hair, the side of the infant bathtub, her toys or her spoon while being fed
New Discoveries: Her tongue and her feet-she just discovered she can stick out her tongue and does it constantly much to Evan's delight. He loves to copy her and stick his out as well. She now puts her feet in her mouth as well, one of my favorite of Evan's baby tricks.
Teeth: None yet, but you have taken drool to a whole new level. I now think that you will get one of your bottom middle teeth first, it seems swollen down there and that eye tooth has made no headway in weeks.
Demeanor: Still the happiest, calmest baby on the block.
Milestones: Not long after she turned 5 months (and weighed 20lbs), we decided to pull her out of her infant carrier and put her in Evan's britax, faced backwards. We got her a snazzy new car seat cover so it looks less like a hand me down, and Evan got a nice new car seat that will turn into a booster when he needs it. I miss the carrier so much because Claire won't transfer well at all, but she likes being in the car so much more and I know that she is safe and not too big for the carrier. Plus, that thing was a nightmare to carry, it weighed so much.
Mom's favorite part of 6 months old: I love that Evan and Claire fully interact now. If she is crying in the car, Evan will sing the Itsy Bitsy Spider to her and make her laugh. He will play with her and loves her attention. If he is in the room, she does not take her attention off of him, she just loves him and loves his excitement for life! He is pretty entertaining with all the dressing up he does to. To know exactly what she is thinking, that would be priceless!!

Of course I took Claire to get her 6 month pictures taken and then had to get a few of the two of them together. They turned out wonderfully and are further proof that my children are identical to each other.

1 comment:

paedstar said...

awesome pictures!!! best portrait innovations pictures i have ever seen. of course it helps that they are beautiful kids!