Monday, August 16, 2010

Don't Try This at Home

Today I took Evan to Gatorland with some of our friends. We had a good time checking out all of the gators, snakes and turtles from a distance. Evan also enjoyed the big splash pad park and train ride. But a day out with Evan would not be complete with a little danger. Evan really is truly my kid in so many ways-outgoing, talkative, dramatic, etc. But he does not for one second get his daring, courageous spirit from me. His day was not going to be complete at Gatorland without holding a gator and a snake at the same time. I offered to sit with him, but he wanted to do it all by himself. I was secretly very relieved that I did not have to sit near those reptiles, but at the same time pretty terrified that my 3 year old was going to hold them!!! But Evan was happy as can be, holding the gator while the snake is wrapped around his neck. When he was finished he was sure to tell everyone who would listen how brave he is, see that's my kid after all!!! But seriously...what is he going to want to do when he is 4? Go skydiving?

No comments: