Sunday, January 31, 2010

The Most Magical Day at the Magic Kingdom

On Wednesday I took Evan to the Magic Kingdom. We had just gone the Saturday before as a family, but we can never get enough Disney in this house. That and Evan really really needed his haircut and was never happy about the idea of getting it cut until I told him we could do it at Disney. My friend Jennifer sometimes takes her son to get his hair cut there and raved about it. So I figured as long as the price wasn't crazy, it would be a fun treat. Evan agreed. So, off to the Magic Kingdom we headed on Wednesday, little did we know what a fabulous day it would turn out to be.

First of all, it was empty. We walked right onto Peter Pan (Evan's favorite ride) twice, which never happens. Then we went on the Haunted Mansion ride for the first time. I encouraged A Small World next, but Evan informed me that he only wanted to go on scary rides and said, "A Small World is not scary mom!" After that we headed to Evan's 2nd favorite ride, the Pirates of the Caribbean. Along the way we met Goofy, Donald, Aladdin and Jasmine, saw the Country Bear Jamboree Show and went on the Aladdin ride. Again, no lines at all. Next, we went on the Pirates of the Caribbean ride, little did we know what was to happen next.



When we walked back to our stroller, I thought that someone had accidentally left all of their pirate stuff on our stroller. On top of our stroller was a sword, pirate hat, eye patch and earring, telescope and then I saw the jewels, mickey confetti and a note that said, "You have been chosen as an Honorary Pirate". Seriously, they could not have picked a more perfect child to give all that to. It was so cool!! Evan was thrilled and so was I, I was beside myself. Who knew that they did that kind of stuff there?


Our stroller upon our return

With the Pirate Note

Trying out the new pirate gear

Well we were just thrilled with all the pirate loot we had just scored, so off to the Castle we headed to see Peter Pan in a show and to eat our lunch. I pulled the stroller over to the side to pull out our PB&Js and when I did a cast member (disney employee) asked me if we were having a good day. I told her, yes, we were having a great day. She then asked if we would like free ice cream or popcorn and proceeded to write us coupons for both. Was I walking around with a sign that said, "Be super nice to me today"? Maybe that's what happens when you are gigantically 34 weeks pregnant walking around the Magic Kingdom with a 3 year old by yourself. Who knows why we got chosen, all I know is that we LOVED it.

Enjoying the Mickey ice cream sandwich

This new pirate gear sure makes it easier to see the show at the Castle,
I can help Peter fight off Captain Hook!


We thoroughly enjoyed both of our ice creams before the castle show and popcorn as we took the train ride around the park. Finally, we headed to the barber shop, the whole reason we even went to the park to begin with. Low and behold, as we walk into the barber shop, a barber shop quartet is singing. They sang the majority of the time we were in there. Being my first time there, I thought this must be normal, but no, remember this was the magical day. They are only in there 20 minutes a day, we just happened to be there for about 18 of those. They did a wonderful job and Evan sat in the chair by himself for the first time. His haircut turned out great, even if I did leave it a little too long (when I saw Evan didn't really want his haircut, you could have easily substituted my name in there too). Love those curls too much to cut them! What a great place to get a child's haircut, they covered him with Mickey stickers and gave him this Minnie toy that danced. He was completely entertained and it was very much worth the extra $3 from his normal hair place.


Attacked by Mickey Stickers



So, that was our magical day. It couldn't have been any better, unless Joe was there.

1 comment:

paedstar said...

wow, what an amazing day!!! it's all about karma. you are good people and you do such nice things for others, so it's the universe giving back to you!!!!