Sunday, February 5, 2012

Rainbow Cupcakes

Claire is having a rainbow themed birthday party this year. I have been all over Pinterest trying to find great ideas. There is a rainbow cake out there, that looks amazing.

 But I think we are going to have about 50+ people at her party, so I don't seem myself making this cake for that many people (excuses, excuses...that cake looks hard!)

So, I'm trying to come up with creative ways to make cupcakes that are rainbow. The obviously answer for me is to have Publix make them and have all the icing be the colors of the rainbow. There's a good chance we'll end up with that idea. But, I wanted to be more creative, so I came up with these rainbow cupcakes. Evan was all too eager to help (or...eat the batter). But he did do a great job helping me dye the batter.


How do these look? Is it worth all the effort for something you'll only see once you eat into them?

2 comments:

Bryan Orme said...

yes they are precious!! Cant wait to eat one (or two) :) - Laura

paedstar said...

love it, you should totally do it! i will help you if you need an extra set of hands!!!!