Monday, March 3, 2008

beach time





There is this story about me that is well told in my family that goes something like this: A long long time ago, when I was about 4 years old, my family and I stopped by the beach when we were visiting my grandma in southern California. Apparently, without warning and fully dressed, I ran straight into the ocean because I wanted to go swimming. Oh, and it was November. On Saturday, Evan proved that the apple does not fall far from the tree. The second we hit the beach, he grabbed my hands and ran for the water, fully dressed. Of course we had packed a bathing suit, but never quite got that far. He had the best time, as did Joe and I just watching him. Not that I ever needed an excuse to go to the beach, but thanks Evan for giving me millions!

2 comments:

TSmith said...

I'm so jealous you guys are close to a beach! (Well, one where you can actually go in the ocean ;) It looks like you had a great time! Evan is adorable & getting so big. Miss you! Love, Tara Smith

Debbie Wesseln said...

Only the smartest kids run into the ocean with their clothes on! Who needs a bathing suit???? Evan - you are an absolute doll! We miss you all!
lots of love,
Aunt Debbie