Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My 1st 5K!

This past Saturday I ran (yes me, I ran!) my first 5K! Thank you to my friends Abby and Rosie who motivated me to run it. Peer pressure for a good cause! They kind of kept me accountable for all the claims I was making that I wanted to run one. They signed up and then I kind of had to! Despite training very minimally, I actually ran the whole thing minus one 2 minute walk. I was pretty impressed, since a 5K is 3.1 miles! It was a beautiful run through Winderemere under all the shady trees and along the water. My good friend from college, Caroline, was in town too, so I pressured her into running as well. Abby, Caroline and I all ran together and it was very motivating to keep going. I felt great afterward, and then threw my neck/back out the next day. Surely the two aren't related!  Ha, I am getting old! But I will most definitely do another one and am now encouraged to run a little more frequently (once this whole neck/back thing clears up...).

So, my much wittier and funnier friend Abby also posted about our run on her blog and it's hilarious. I had to include the link because, well she's just honest and reading this post cracks me up! http://starstromfamily.blogspot.com/2011/04/yeah-we-are-pretty-much-bad-runners.html

Sadly, I have no pictures of Evan, but he ran the kids fun run the same day. He was so excited to be like Kid Flash, and did a great job running.

No comments: