Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Holy Growth Spurt Darth Vader!

Yes, Evan still exists! Poor kid can't pay for a post these days. I must say that he has been the best big brother to Claire. He always wants to help her, encourage her and love her. He wasn't even slightly jealous of her birthday, he just loved helping her opening her presents. In the last month, while we've had tons of wonderful visitors and been busy celebrating Claire's birthday, Evan has had a crazy growth spurt.

At his doctor's visit on February 1, he was just over 41 inches. That measurement I thought was wrong because he wouldn't stand up straight. I knew he was closer to 42 inches, because every time we go to an amusement park, that's the goal-42 inches to ride certain rides. Anyhoo, he was about 36 pounds too. All of a sudden, he is now about 42.5 inches and 39 pounds. It took him like a year and a half to gain his last 3 pounds and now he put them on in 1 month!! Guess all the bribing of vegetables to get him to "grow tall enough for the rides" has worked. Think we can keep it up for the next jump, 48 inch rides??

While I'm discussing Evan, just have to brag that his reading is insane lately! He is reading everything in sight. He is able to read me most of the words in almost all of his books. I'm so proud of him, I cannot get over how proficient his reading is! His math skills are getting pretty great too, he knows all of his coins now and can do simple addition.

2 comments:

S.C.M. said...

Don't children just amaze you! I guess when your around them all day you don't notice it as much :)

How old is he? My Son is 4 and the only word he recognizes is his name. I would be amazed if he started to read:)

www.guccihandbagsoutlet.org said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.