Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Claire is 10 months old

I'm a little behind, because Claire actually turned ten months the day after Christmas. I didn't want to let this month go by without recording it for many reasons, but one is that I have barely touched her baby book. So, I need some good records to go back to when I finally get around to it! This past month has been huge for Claire. Not only is she crawling, she is now pulling up and cruising. At 9 months, she army crawled, now she crawls for real, or does some kind of crab walk, like she's trying to stand up and take off. EASY girl! Evan did not walk until 15 months and I am pretty sure I am completely unprepared for her to start walking! I like crawling, it's cute, it's babyish. If she starts walking, there goes my baby. And I am most definitely not ready for that!

She also got another tooth, with two more right on their trail. The official count is 4, bottom two first, then top two. The two teeth on either side of her top teeth are poking through. She looks so different with these teeth. The top two are pretty far apart from one another, but I am confident the gap will close as it did with Evan. If not, she'll rock the Madonna look! She will still eat anything you give her, which is awesome. I've been trying to experiment, giving her some different things to eat and she actually likes the avocado & tofu mash I've been giving her. I just need to find some more tofu recipes because she seems to dig it and I love the protein it provides. She prefers real food to baby food, but will eat the baby food if it is offered, which is nice for when we are out and about. Her new favorite food seems to be grilled cheese and tomato soup.

She is really growing into her personality and if I could pick one word to describe her, it's FIESTY! She is full of energy and personality. And she is mischevious already. She knows that she's not allowed to pull the curtains, but she crawls right to them, makes sure you are watching, smiles and then waves them all around, laughing like crazy as she does it. She is getting into everything-she loves to pull every diaper out of her caddy and spread them around the house. She can open the shelf under the stove and has been pulling out all the baking sheets. She got into the pantry the other day and wreaked some serious havoc. Evan never did any of this, whether it was his personality or my ability to actually hover over him all the time. I unfortunately no longer have that luxury. She is still so happy and as our friend Paul pointed out, he's yet to hear her cry. She does cry, but it is pretty rare. However, just because she does not cry does not mean she is quiet. Quite the opposite in fact, she is the loudest baby I have ever heard. She is so talkative and loves to scream when she is hungry. Now that she can get around where she wants, she screams a little less. She talks so much, says "mama", "dada", "evan" and "baba" still. She can wave hello and loves to attract attention doing this. She loves to clap and is so proud of herself when she does. She knows "all done" in sign language and when she gets excited rolls her wrists and ankles in glee.

She is very smitten with Evan, but boy does her heart belong to Daddy. She will freak out if he walks into the room and does not acknowledge her. The second she sees him, she screams for him and if he walks into another room, she is hot on his trail. She is rapidly wrapping daddy securely around her finger!

 Claire, let me take this bow out for you, I know you don't like them!

She and Evan play so well together now. Although she can only do so much, Evan's idea of playing with her consists of tackling her and wrestling her. She thinks it is hilarious, glad she's so tough. But he is so incredibly protective of her. If she approaches anything remotely unsafe for her, he is on high alert and takes it away before she can reach it. He blocks her about a mile away from the stairs and can be found randomly hugging her on a regular basis. The other day she bit me (I love teething!) pretty hard on my arm and I said "no, Claire, we don't bite. Bad girl". You would have though I disowned her, Evan threw himself on the ground and cried hysterically saying that "she's only a baby, you cannot tell her she's a bad girl, she's not bad, she's just a baby". Of course he was right, I made a mistake-should not have said that, but wow that's some brotherly love!!

Other random facts:
Clothes: 18-24 months, although can still wear 18 mo dresses & pants
Shoes: 5
Diaper: 4
Sleep: Naps from 8:30am/9:00am to 10:30am, naps from 1pm-2:30/3:00pm, goes to bed at 6:30, sleeps until about 6am.
Food: Still takes about 4-5 bottles (I know I have to cut it down) and 3 full meals, along with 2 snacks. Girl can eat!
Teeth: 4
Favorite song: If you're happy and you know it
Favorite book: Wish I had an answer, I try to read to her and she just squirms away. She's not digging books right now. That's okay, we have plenty of time
Favorite music: She got the Best of Laurie Berkner CD for Christmas and she seems to really enjoy it. By that I mean, she no longer cries the whole time we are in the car when it is on
New this month: crying in the car, she used to be an ANGEL in the car. I'm sure it all relates to her being able to move now, she does not want to be confined. Hopefully when she turns around in the car, she'll be happier. 2 months to go, although we exceeded the weight limit months ago



 Mom's never breaking me of this thing!

 Being supported by Daddy

She and I are going to start Gymboree pretty soon, which I am really excited about! I can't wait to just have that one on one time with her and I think she will love all the activities there, as she is so active!

No comments: