Monday, January 5, 2009

Evan's Actual Birthday




I remember when I found out I was pregnant with Evan. In addition to being very surprised and excited, I was so sad for my baby that his/her birthday would be so close to Christmas. So concerned that I begged my doctor to induce on my due date so that s/he would not be born on Christmas day. I'm convinced he would have stayed in that long (imagine how giant he would have been, since he weighed over 10lbs at birth). Well anyway, I would say it is safe to say, that although it is insane the amount of presents he received from everyone (thank you all, you were all WAY TOO GENEROUS and Evan is very very spoiled), he's doing okay with his birthday so close. December seemed to be Evan's birthday month.  He LOVED his birthday this year, most especially eating cake and opening his presents. He loved ripping the paper and seeing what was inside, and then he was onto the next one. The cutest thing of all was on his actual birthday, he didn't realize it was still his birthday, he had moved onto Christmas. He kept saying it was  "Happy Birthday Jesus". So, Bryan taught him a song and dance (more like throwing in the air) that taught him that it was his birthday.  Once it was actually Christmas time, not Evan-time, Evan would sing happy birthday to baby Jesus and ask where His cake was. I think from now on, we have to make a birthday cake for baby Jesus.

We spent Evan's actual birthday with Aunt Laura & Uncle Bryan in Arlington, VA. Bryan & I took Evan to Red Robin for lunch where he had a grilled cheese and french fries topped off by a chocolate sundae delivered by the singing wait staff. He had a blast, as did Bryan and I. Later that day, we had a celebration at B&L's home and Laura baked him a cake. They gave him a Thomas take along train set and he played with it quietly in another room for 30 minutes while we ate dinner. This was the FIRST time he has ever played like that and let me eat a meal. It was fantastic!! The only missing piece was Joe, he had to be in WV, but he joined us the next day for birthday party #3 at Nani's.

1 comment:

Bryan Orme said...

Great pictures! We had so much fun with you guys celebrating Evan's birthday. Tell Joe that I'm going to start taking it personally if every time we hang out with you guys he conveniently has something else he has to do! Miss you and can't wait to hang out again soon.