Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Happy Birthday Joe/Happy Belated Father's Day






Today is Joe's birthday and of course the other day was father's day. I kind of feel bad for him that they are so close together, that's a lot of golf shirts and golf balls in a few days. I like it though b/c it reminds me a few days in a row what a wonderful husband and father he is. I know, I shouldn't need reminding and I don't, but sometimes life goes by and you just go through the motions of where you need to be when and you forget to think about all the blessings around you. I think you have an idea what type of father your husband will make before you have a baby, but you never really know until your child is born. If I could have hand-written exactly what I was hoping for, I wouldn't have come close to what Joe is. He is the most hands on father I know, he helps with everything without ever being asked. When we are in public, people often comment on what a great dad he is, which he then replies is sad that he's an exception. He really gives so unselfishly to both Evan and me. He is 100% Evan's hero. Evan's eyes light up when he sees his daddy and he goes running for him screaming dada! He wants to be exactly like daddy-wear his sunglasses, his wedding ring, his watch. Drink his cokes, eat his donuts and chips and cookies (I'm praying you also get his metabolism!). He follows him everywhere he goes. Here are a few pictures of him with Evan that I think explain the bond they have. Happy Birthday my love, our 6th together!

1 comment:

Nani said...

What a wonderful expression of love for my son. You made me cry. Thank you for being a loving wife, mother and daughter in law.
FYI--Happy to see Evan with a baby girl. I think Evan is ready for a little sister. (Hint, hint but no pressure)